The 5DS and 5DSR are now available and people are starting to report on it from around the world.
I will start linking to them here so I have a place to refer to.
Is Medium format in trouble? probably, unless they find a way to improve and innovate faster than, Sony, Canon and Nikon are all moving quickly to high resolution sensors with Nikon at 36mp and Sony at 42mp . Even fashion photographers are going to have a hard time justifying more than 50MP cameras, I certainly will not need more than that.
At 300dpi, 8688 x 5792 will give output prints from this camera at 19 x 29 without up-scaling, so minor up-scaling will give 24 x 36 easy and prints to 60 inches should be possible.
- Imaging Resource, comprehensive review here
- A talk by Gregory Heisler
- Chris Giles wedding photographer here
- Keith Cooper here
- Photography Blog here
- The Phoblographer here
- Northrup here
- Glenn Bartley bird photography here
- Ming Thein here
- DPReview studio scenes here
- DPReview 5DS samples galley here
- Fashion at Photography Blog here
- Fine Art here
- 5DSR vs D810 here
- recommended lenses via Canon at The Digital Picture here
- Martin Bailey here
Images In Light