Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Canon 5D Mk II, first thoughts


Canon 5D Mk II, PART 1. Above shot with 5D Mk II and 70-200 F4 IS.This camera has an incredible sensor, the images it produces when exposed correctly just amaze me, my last two camera's being the 5D (now sold) and the 50D (returned) where both good, but this camera has produced images beyond all my expectations. The images are smoother, cleaner and retain all those things the 5D1 had that made it such a successful camera. The control layout and menu's have been improved with new features while still maintaining a familiar interface to the classic version.

 The higher iso capabilities of this camera have been under stated in my opinion, I was shooting Humming birds in Costa Rica last week at iso 1600 that look very clean and printable. I hope to test this out this week by printing a 12 x 18 on my IPF 6100. There has been some recent talk of problems with cameras failing on Antarctic expeditions with The LL, well after over two weeks in Costa Rica in high humidity, rain, boat trips and salt spray, my 5D2 held up with no problems, including a wave over the bow that deposited water directly on the top of my 5D2, of course I promptly dried it off, water was on all the buttons and the around the main control dial, it did give me a scare I have to say, but gave me no issues with the camera.

More later, this is my first blog and I am not sure how this is all going to work, but hope to keep it up with plans to add pictures and also talk about what works well with this camera, including lens's.

Ross Murphy, Images In Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts.