Saturday, May 3, 2014

In Camera Abstract



5D Mk III, EF100 f/2.8L IS Macro, f/11 at 1/6 sec


Having fun with abstract images, shooting a grove of Alder on the way up to Bridal Veil Falls I have a whole series now on abstract trees, its a little different each time I shoot, because of light, but it can be a fun exercise trying to get the right amount of camera movement to make the image blur just the right amount.

Getting the shutter speed right is key to getting this type of abstract image, I shot at f/11 to slow the shutter speed down in to the range of 1/6 to 1/4 of a second.Then I moved the camera either up or down as I depressed the shutter button, trying to keep the motion of the camera as parallel to the trees as I could. The green just comes from the surrounding foliage.


 5D Mk III, EF100 f/2.8L IS Macro, f/11 at 1/4 sec



Ross




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts.