Monday, October 12, 2015

Chaos in color and black and white


Chaos - black and white

5D Mk III, 70-200 f4 L IS, f/10, 2 sec, Lee Big Stopper ND Filter

Chaos - color

5D Mk III, 70-200 f4 L IS, f/10, 1/500 sec, no filter

Exploring different ways of exposing a scene, I find it difficult sometimes to choose what I prefer. Using an ND filter gives me options to quickly make widely different exposures and decide later on what version of the scene I prefer. The Lee ND filter selection and Lee mount greatly increase the flexibility I have when I'm on a location shoot like this one.

I prefer the long exposure black and white version here, I think it works better for this windy, salt spray, misty day, adding to the stormy feel, even though it was a beautiful day. Taken from Soberanes Point in Big Sur.

Ross




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts.