Sunday, February 28, 2016

Bobcat

Bobcat

Nikon D810, AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, f/3.2, 200mm, 1/500 sec

Wild cats are very elusive and shy, perhaps that's why I love to capture them more than any other type of wildlife. I saw this Bobcat twice on a hike this last weekend, the first time I was not prepared with a long enough lens, so on the way back through this area I had my AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, mounted on the D810 and came through as quiet as possible. I saw him on the trail in front of me, so I snuck up on him as stealthily as I could. With about 20 yards between us I caught a few images before he darted around the corner. When I made it to the corner it was obvious he had left the trail, so I froze. I knew he would be in the grass or trees watching me and as I scanned the area around me, sure enough, there he was watching me from behind some rocks about 10 yards away, I was able to get a few shots off before he ran into the grass and disapeared.

Margay in Costa Rica
Cheetah in Tanzania

A great hike!


Nikon D810, AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, f/3.2, 200mm, 1/250 sec

Summit Tree

Canon 5D Mk III, EF 16-35 f/4 L IS, f/13, 18mm, 1/80 sec

A great hike!

Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts.