Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Fuji X-T2 - Fuji filters in Lightroom

LR-2422_XT2-Ross_Murphy_2017

Art at the Allen Institute, Lk Union, Seattle, Wa.
Fuji X-T2, XF 35 f/1.4, 1/10 sec, f/7.1, ISO 200, ACROS +R



Lightroom integration with Fuji filters is pretty seamless, just navigate to the Camera Calibration module and select your desired filter, in this case ACROS+R Filter, as seen above.

LR-2420_XT2-Ross_Murphy_2017 
Art at the Allen Institute, Lk Union, Seattle, Wa.
Fuji X-T2, XF 35 f/1.4, .4 sec, f/7.1, ISO 200, Provia

LR-2429_XT2-Ross_Murphy_2017

Art at the Allen Institute, Lk Union, Seattle, Wa.
Fuji X-T2, XF 35 f/1.4, 1/2 sec, f/7.1, ISO 200, ACROS +R

Once your desired filter is turned on, you can adjust to your taste. I find this quit helpful for quick adjustments. I'm not a big user of filters in Lightroom, I enjoy the process of getting the images to my desired look, however, for large batches of photos this is very useful and gives you a great place to start.

Typically I just turn on the B &W in the adjustments bar and adjust individual color channels, etc. to achieve my black and white. I must admit though using the Fuji presets can be nice sometimes. However for a more custom look using Lightroom B and W conversion is more flexible.

Ross


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts.