Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Light and the landscape



Image: Mt Shuksan sunrise, 30D, 17-40 f4 L , f9, 19mm,GND filter, CPL. Tripod, Ball Head.

larger image here

The Magic hour, this is the time I go out if I hope to make a dramatic image, I want to be on location just prior to sunrise or sunset, preferably a place that was pre-scouted. The magic hour light is when landscape's are most dramatic, some times it can start well before the sun comes up or long after it has set, I don't know how many times I have been working a location at sunset, when as soon as the sun drops behind the horizon people are leaving for their cars, often times this is the best time to stay and photograph a landscape. I have stumbled up trails at 4:00 in the morning to reach a place, in time to get set up for sunrise. This is what landscape photography is all about, often you can come away with an image that no one will ever see, even if they have stood in the very same place as you.

Ross Murphy Images In Light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts.