Monday, October 1, 2012

Gothic Basin

Image: 5D Mk III, 24-105 f4 L IS 1/160 at f 11, 45mm.


Image: 5D Mk III, 24-105 f4 L IS 1/250 at f 9, 75mm.
Larger Image

Image: 5D Mk III, 24-105 f4 L IS 1/60 at f 11, 105mm.
Larger Image

Gothic Basin a nice hike in the North Cascades, off the Mountain Loop Highway, a great place for an overnight hike to an alpine landscape full of photographic opportunities.

The first shot was a small tarn early in the morning, tripod placed at waters edge, using the reflection of the delicate clouds in the blue sky to create a composition with fairly even tones throughout.

The second shot, again with the tripod set at the waters edge, this time at Foggy Lake, I used the snow and the shape of the saddle and Del Campo Peak and its reflection to compose this image.

The third image, collecting as many ridge lines as where available, with the misty valley's adding the needed contrast to make them stand out.

Ross

Images In Light


1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    my husband proposed to me on the edge of a little tarn in Gothic Basin and I am trying to find a nice photo of it that I can blow up for our wall. I think the first in your set here is the tarn, I know the mountain on the left was in the photos we took. Is it possible to purchase the photos you have here?
    Thanks,
    Kari

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your thoughts.