Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Fuji XT-2

Today Fuji announces the very well leaked X-T2. Similarly specked to the X-Pro2. It has a uniquely moveable LCD, that will move in most directions to accommodate all kinds of angles.




This will be a hit, with a lot of new people coming on board the Fuji system and a lot of up-graders from the X-T1 and some from other Fuji models.

24mp should be a sweet spot for APS-C cameras, in my humble opinion it should be just right, in terms of resolution and the capabilities of the Fuji lens lineup, the ability to print fairly large while not imposing diffraction to soon. Fuji seems to have handled it well with the X-Pro2.

Now that I have sold my X100S, I need to decide if I will get the X-Pro2 or the X-T2. I really like the idea of the range finder in the Pro models, I like the optical viewfinder, but do I need it? not really, I prefer the ergonomics of the T and a more DSLR type interface, but an electronic viewfinder is hard for me, I'm a little old school. I may have to flip a coin on this one. But I definitely want a second system that is smaller than my Canon system.

What I like: The new higher resolution sensor, the AF joystick and more advanced AF and wider area AF, the articulating screen, more robust knobs, larger eye cup, 4K video, higher flash sync speed and electronic shutter.

What I don't like: Still has the same small battery and the overall size is a little small, I think Fuji should increase the height and increase the battery size. ISO 200, why can't we have a base ISO of 100 or less for increased dynamic range.

I think mirrorless is now coming of age and its time for me to give it a real try with a system, beyond the X100s I owned. I would have liked it to be Canon, but alas, they are to slow. So I think a few lenses and the X-T2 will be a part of my kit soon.

Key Specs:
  • 24MP X-Trans CMOS III sensor
  • 325 AF points (169 of which offer phase detection)
  • AF point joystick
  • 2.36M-dot OLED EVF with 0.005 sec refresh time (60 fps or 100 fps in boost mode)
  • 3", 1.04M-dot articulating LCD
  • 4K UHD video at up to 30 fps for up to 10 min (30 min with booster grip)
  • 8 fps continuous shooting with AF (11 fps with booster grip)
  • 5 fps continuous shooting with live view updates between capture
  • Dual SD card slots (UHS-I compatible)
  • USB 3.0 

Buy it here at Band H

Owners manual here
Fuji site here

DPreview preview here

review here

Olaf Blog here

f/16 here

Jonas Rask here

Pro Photonut here

Follow Fujifilm X Cameras  for all the latest reviews

 Latest lens road map

Thanks for visiting
Ross

Images In Light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts.