Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Canon EOS M5 announced



 Canon announce the EOS M5, their next iteration of the M series.

Key Specs:
  • 24MP  Sensor
  • 2.36M-dot OLED EVF
  • 1.62M-dot tilting touchscreen
  • Electronic video stabilization combines with in-lens IS to give 5-axis IS
  • 7 fps
  • Wi-Fi with always-connected Bluetooth
  • ISO 100-25600
Big issue for me here is the lack of fast native lenses, if Canon would add those I would get this in a second, it will be a great camera for enthusiasts, I'm sure the images will be great. I can only assume Canon is waiting for the market.

I can't help but be disappointed with this announcement because of the lack of good native lenses, even a third party lens would be helpful here. 

This is where Fuji took the chance and designed a fast Lens lineup and great full featured cameras to go along with them, my money will be invested in an XT-2 and a few of their fast lenses. 



DPReview here

Ross

Images In Light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts.