Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fall is Coming whether we like it or not


Image: Fall Aspen in Grand Teton, 50D, 300 f4 IS L.

Larger Image

Fall may be the best time of year to get out and shoot landscapes, I'm having a hard time trying to decide on where to go, but I think I may end up in the Canadian Rockies and Glacier N.P. Montana, I just fell in love with that place last year, but most places, at least in the Northern hemisphere have fall color to shoot in late September and early October, even out in the desert South West, as a matter of fact the Pacific North West has some great fall color, to see it you need to get up in the mountains or on the east slope of the Cascade range. Probably the best here would be the Alpine Lakes Wilderness or the Mt Baker area along with Mt Rainier National Park.
So make your plans now and be ready, its a short window of time. The above image was taken in the first week of October last year in Grand Teton N.P. Wyoming. For you photog's in the Southern hemisphere, well you have spring coming up, the other great time of year to shoot. One of these days I will shoot Patagonia in the fall, if some one wants to invite me down just drop me a line....

Ross Murphy Images In Light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts.