Saturday, August 28, 2010

Diagonals

Image: 5D Mk II, 70-200 f4 L IS, 200mm at f16, 1/25 sec, -.5 ev. LV. The Painted Hills, Or.

Larger Image


Diagonal lines and curves make for interesting compositions. The light where I was standing was coming across the top of the hills and highlighting the grass, if I had shot wide at this time I would have ended up with massive flare, so I put on my zoom and isolated the diagonal curves across the scene to come up with this image, again using live view to do the final composition and exposure, no filters used.

Ross Murphy Images in Light

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a fantastic image. I was there this summer, and didn't think to do this kind of telephoto shot. Great composition and timing. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bob, appreciated words from a very accomplished photographer.

    Good shooting to you

    Ross

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your thoughts.