Monday, January 27, 2014

Announced: Fuji X-T1

Fuji is at it again, today they release the X-T1 a more SLR type of camera, rather than a range finder style. This one with weather sealing and the promise of weather sealed lenses (16-55mm f/2.8 and 50-140 f/2.8). So far I am hearing very good things about this camera, I'm looking forward to getting one in my hands and perhaps replace my x100s with it.

Same sensor as the X-E2 and X100S but with an improved EVF and faster operating speeds with a claimed worlds fastest AF speed (for this camera type)

Got to hand it to Fuji, in the last few years they have produced an entire system of cameras and lenses that are top quality.

DPreview
"DPReview's Andy Westlake expressed his disappointment that there's no option to directly move the AF point using the four-way controller, as is possible with cameras like the Nikon D7100 and Olympus OM-D E-M1. Instead you're always required to press the 'down' arrow first, to enter AF point selection mode - a small point, but something that's fairly unusual at this level."

Key Specs:

• 16.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
  • EXR Image Processor II
  • up to 8 frames per second
  • 2.36 million dot OLED viewfinder
  • Viewfinder magnification of 0.77x
  • 1.04 million dot high-precision 3” tilting LCD monitor
  • ISO 200 – 6400
  • Extended ISO 100, 12800, 25600
  • Built in Intervalometer
  • Die-cast magnesium body
  • Dust and water-resistant body with freeze resistance to -14°F