Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Brick and mortar - Savannah, Georgia


Pulaski Detail

Image: Fort Pulaski Detail. Canon 5D Mk III, 24-70 f/2.8 L II, 67mm,
f/5.6, 1/80th sec, ISO 1600

I recently visited Fort Pulaski, just outside Savannah, GA. on Cockspur Island. A unique history surrounds this fort, the end of an era for brick and mortar.

Fort Pulaski


Image: Fort Pulaski Detail. Canon 5D Mk III, 24-70 f/2.8 L II, 70mm,
f/5.6, 1/80th sec, ISO 1600

Savannah and its environs are a place dear to my heart, I spent two years living there and I have some close friends that still live there. But in all my time there I only visited Pulaski once and never photographed it, now I wish I had more time to go back and fully document this piece of Americas history from the Civil War.

More coming soon....

Ross

Images In Light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts.