Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Shooting by moonlight



Moonrise at Panther Beach

Image: 5D Mk III, EF 16-35 f/4 L IS, 16mm, 4sec at f/6.3, ISO 100


After a very uneventful sunset at Panther Beach, I decided to stick around and try shooting by moonlight, more for fun than any real serious photography. While trying to keep my ISO as low as possible and not letting my shutter speed get to long, I opened up my aperture to f/6.3 for a 4 sec exposure, that way I would get wave blur instead of completely smoothing out the water, like I would have at shutter speeds of around 20 sec.

I pulled the shadows extensively in Lightroom to balance the image.

If you try this, do it during a full moon for the most light possible, keep your ISO at 100 and try different shutter speeds to see what you get.

Ross

Images In Light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts.